On this 71st anniversary of the Battle of Arnhem (17-26 September 1944), in which the 1st Airborne Division lost nearly three-quarters of its men, I have put up a new page on this web site featuring Peter Stainforth’s wartime drawings.
- Gordon’s CV
- Books etc
- ‘GEORGE’ project
- FIVA: An Adventure That Went Wrong
- THE PEAK: Past and Present
- THE CUILLIN: Great Mountain Ridge of Skye
- LAKELAND: Landscape of Imagination
- EYES TO THE HILLS: The Mountain Landscape of Britain
- Downloadable texts
- Shining music
Here I talk about national and world events, current political issues, etc. These are more in the nature of passing comments than finely wrought essays, though hopefully not quite as peremptory as the diatribes that might be heard at Speakers' Corner.